I wanted to make Baby G a few pairs of shorts, one specifically for some pictures that he's getting taken This tutorial is the one th...
tomorrow. These were super easy. I ended up not ironing the seams on mine due to the materials I used. They were inor ironing well and it seemed like it wasn't doing much good.
Pair #1: I upcycled an old button down shirt from Daddy B. I used the front chest pockets for butt pockets on the pants. I just seam ripped them off and sewed them on the new pants. I'm showing the pictures of the upcycling process before. Make sure the right sides (or the wrong sides) of the fabric face each other.
I made them too long at first so I went back and folded up the hem more and sewed again. I actually didn't cut it at all because I figured I could just let down the last hem when he grows a bit more. Here's before vs. after. It's not much shorter because I wanted them to be a little longer than his knees.
Pair #2: I used the same material that towels are made of. I want to put them over Gs wet bathing suit.
I also used a drawstring rather than an elastic. All I did was thread a drawstring instead of the elastic. This material was super stretchy, but towel like... not sure what it is. These were a little long too, but I decided to keep them that way seeing I'm going to use it over a wet suit.
Pair #3: A more formal pair, made as directed in the tutorial. I think I might shorten the hem again, but I haven't decided yet.